Thoresby’s School Council is made up of one child from each class.
The Aims of the Council
- To make the school an even better place to learn – a healthy school.
- To help make school a safe, happy and fair place to learn.
- To help teach us about democracy and good citizenship.
- To work in partnership with all adults in the school.
- To make sure every child can have their say.
The role of a School Councillor:
- To work as a team to improve our school environment.
- To listen to all suggestions and consider how they can make our school happier.
- To work closely with all staff and pupils to make ideas possible.
- To attend and participate in School Council meetings.
- To share information from meetings with children in our class.
- To represent the school at external events.
- To organise school events and raise money